I was shooting for a moist & chewy (non-grainy) gluten-free oat flour brownie. However, what I got instead was probably one of the tastiest gluten-free cakes I’ve ever made. These are healthy but still tasty, cake-like chocolate brownies.
They have lots of easily digestible protein for building muscle. Plus, these brownies have high amounts of soluble fiber. Therefore, they are perfect for feeding good probiotic bacteria in the gut. As a result, they are great at managing weight and helping a healthy body composition. If you slice them up small you can have with a scoop of ice cream or topped with real whipped cream and still keep it low in calories.
In my household, I have always tried to keep treats down to once or twice a week. However, with these healthier alternatives, I don’t worry as much. I know they are mostly made of real food like eggs, yogurt, applesauce, sprouted oat flour, coconut oil & real maple syrup. Plus, NSP’s amazing protein powders. It is a great way to get in these supplements without doing shakes & smoothies every day!
Hope You Enjoy This Recipe – Clean Your Temple & Fuel Your Body…
Healthy But Tasty Cake-Like Chocolate Brownies
I have tested this recipe with Love & Peas but still need to try INFORM Metabolic Age Protein Powder. Also, my original tested recipe used 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt measured out. I want to try with the individual servings at 5.3 oz. As I struggle to find enough recipes & things to do with my extra yogurt. Anyone who knows me, knows I hate throwing away food! However, I may need to adjust the sweetness level to incorporate the extra yogurt.
Macro Counts Coming Soon!
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Oat Flour (I love To Your Health Sprouted Flour Co.)
- 1/2 Cup Love and Peas Protein Powder
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coco Powder (Tested with Hershey)
- 1/3 Cup Granulated or Powdered Erythritol
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Natural Sea Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Real Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil (Possible Substitutes 2 Tbsp Butter (Preferably Organic Grass-fed) or 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive or Safflower Oil)
- 1 (4 oz) Container of Organic Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 (5.3 oz) Container Unsweetened Plain or Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
- Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Measure Out Dry Ingredients in Large Mixing Bowl. If you love this recipe & plan to make it often, consider doubling, tripling or quadrupling your dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Store in plastic bag(s) or air-tight container. Measure 2 cups dry mixture per recipe.
- Make Well in Center of Dry Ingredients
- Add Wet Ingredients
- Hand Mix to Incorporate All Ingredients
- Pour Batter Into 9 x 9 or 11 x 9 Greased Baking Dish
- Bake for 30-35 Minutes or Until Toothpick Comes Out Clean
- Cool Thoroughly & Cut into 9 Large Brownies (3 x 3 cuts) or 12 Medium Brownies (3 x 4 cuts) or 16 Small Brownies (4 x 4 cuts)